XLR8 is pioneering a world-first Certified SAFe® LPM with Jira Align course, closing the gap between portfolio leadership strategy and team of teams execution.
Lead, manage and track your portfolio in real-time: accelerate value delivery and measurable business outcomes across your portfolio.
Lean Portfolio Management is a two-day, interactive course that teaches the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance. For private client sessions there is an additional one-day workshop available to help enterprise teams get started with LPM in their organization.
In this course, attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance. Participants also have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
Please note, for private, team training, we offer an additional third day to apply what attendees have learned in a workshop setting for their work environment.
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
- Day 3 Portfolio Management Workshop with Atlassian Jira Align (for private sessions only)
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Program and Project Managers
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Release Train Engineers
- Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
In this class you will learn
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
Exam / credits
- Exam name – SAFe® 6 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
- Exam duration – Candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – SAFe® 6 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam – 45 questions
- Passing score – SAFe® 6 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam – 32 out of 45 (71%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
2 days / 16 hours of instruction
Feel free to reach out to us – we're here to help!
Our mission at XLR8 is to help people, teams, and organizations win before change happens.
We collaborate with organizations to connect people and ways of working with new tooling capabilities and real-time data.
Want to speak with one of the team? Send us a message today.