SAFe® Scrum Master
4 x half days (16hours)
As the demand forSAFe expertise accelerates globally, there is a growing focus on the ScrumMaster and the critical role that person plays in a SAFe implementation.The SSM credential is a must have certification for ScrumMasters looking to boost their value in today’s career marketplace.
Build your skills as a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and prepare to support the facilitation of ART and team events—when you become a SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM).
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Planning Interval (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the ScrumMaster
- Experiencing PI planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Planning Interval (PI)
- Coaching the Agile team
Intended for people new to the role ofScrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Planning Interval (PI) execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 6 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Scrum Master course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – SSM 6 = 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
- PDUs: Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project ManagementInstitute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, andPMI-ACP certifications
- SEUs: Attendees may be eligible to apply for under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) 6.0 certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes